Registration is Open!
To PRE-Register go to https://tinyurl.com/AT-CERT-2020
Maximum 20 participants
The program does not include Augmentative Alternative Communication AAC
Length: Eight six-hour days (48 hours), divided into four two-day segments
Dates: January 29 & 30, February 12 & 13, March 17 & 18, and April 28 & 29, 2020 (8:30-3:30)
Location: Lake Ave. Conference Space, 393 N. Lake Ave. Pasadena, CA 91011
This unique certificate program is designed for district/SELPA staff who are currently Assistive Technogy Assessors or those who would like to become AT Assessors/Specialists. It is designed to support participants comparable to a graduate university course (units are available at an additional fee).
This AT certificate program includes thorough instruction and exercises on how to assess and support students with curriculum and physical access needs. Participants will demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding of the range and uses of low/medium technology for high incidence and physically handicapped students.
- Demonstrate understanding and appropriate application of software & apps for word prediction, screen reading, text to speech, internet access & organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Special Education Law as it relates to Assistive Technology for curriculum access.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess AT needs of students to gain access to the curriculum by satisfactorily completing TWO AT Assessment Projects
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate student curriculum and AT accommodations with various teaching styles and individual student needs.